Under the general direction of the Director, Marketing, designs, coordinates and maintains CSBA’s digital marketing strategy as part of our communications department. Establishes and maintains social and digital media campaigns; monitors analyzes and related reports; and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain content calendar to ensure timely release.
- Evaluates, defines, creates and implements a well-defined plan for CSBA’s digital strategy, including ways to improve multimedia communication.
- Build and maintain CSBA’s social media and online presence.
- Performs data analysis and reporting for meaningful metrics (KPIs, Analytics, SEO).
- Updates social media accounts with relevant articles, videos and blogs.
- Produces videos, graphics and other creative visuals for use on social media, web and print in support of CSBA.
- Establishes procedures for social media posts.
- Reviews and implements processes to facilitate news alerts.
- Creates, edits and updates HTML/CSS websites.
- Designs and formats websites with troubleshooting experience.
- Conducts online media research and general research for departments on key social media and web-related topics.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings; keeps abreast of new trends and innovations in digital media; researches emerging products and improvements and their applicability to the needs of the Association.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to CAPE values, policies and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Assists the Chief Information Officer with assigned special projects
- Performs other assigned duties
- Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, Audacity and/or other multimedia and graphics editing software.
- Social media monitoring tools similar to Hootsuite or Buffer and analytics reports.
- Principles of visual communication.
- Website design and content management systems.
- Social media management tools (Facebook Manager)
- Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads and LI Ads Manager
- HTML or CSS website design.
- Google workspace
- SEO techniques and best practices for ensuring content is keyword-friendly.
- Methods and practices applied to the design and implementation of print and electronic public affairs and news media communications materials.
- Recent and ongoing developments, current documentation and sources of information related to assigned tasks.
- Work-related modern office computer practices, methods, equipment and applications.
- Techniques for effectively representing the Association in dealings with government agencies, community groups, and various business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative organizations.
- Use of English, grammar, spelling, vocabulary and punctuation.
- Maintain a consistent corporate voice in all communications and respond thoughtfully to inquiries or complaints arising from social media correspondence
- Ensure content tone is on-brand, targeted to a specific audience, and optimized for each marketing channel.
- Support design efforts in content strategies across all platforms including social media and websites.
- Build and maintain a successful corporate reputation management program.
- Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping and tracking systems.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an efficient and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Use modern office equipment, including computer hardware and specialized software application programs.
- Exercise tact, initiative, prudence and independent judgment within the framework of general policy, procedures and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher with major coursework in marketing, digital media or related field with at least three (3) years of experience in digital marketing and media content production
- Additional web design or video production experience preferred
ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The employee works in a primarily sedentary office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- The employee is personally responsible for compliance with health and safety guidelines, instructions and policies.
- Must be mobile to work in a standard office environment and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and on the telephone; must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers to open and close them in the performance of tasks.
- Must be able to sit at a computer for long periods of time and have the dexterity to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and use standard office equipment .
- Must possess the ability to lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds, hand truck available to assist.