Dublin, January 5, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Digital Printing Market – Growth, Trends, Forecast (2020-2025)” the report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The digital printing market is valued at a CAGR of 6.45% over the forecast period 2020 to 2025. Digital printing is one of the fastest growing segments of the sign industry. . Its growth can be seen in the incredible size of what can now be produced. Whatever the message or the product, size has become a big trend in advertising.
Significant improvements in print manufacturing efficiency, with just-in-time production, and an increased focus on supply chain management, such as superior demand forecasting, have led to reduced waste in the overall printing market. Technological developments aiding digital printing have ensured waste minimization, keeping print quality at par.
Advanced technology digital printing involves the use of mild solvents and chemicals that are less harmful than those used in conventional printing technologies, such as offset printing and solid ink printing. So, with the growing emphasis on green printing and profitable production, the demand for digital printing solutions is increasing in the printed electronics market.
Key market trends
Commercial printing expected to experience significant growth
- Technological developments have made digital printing fast and affordable while delivering high quality results. Another reason that digital printing is enjoying increased interest is that it allows a commercial printer to offer print on demand. Laser printers are economical and have high output speeds unlike inkjet printers.
- Within this segment, advertising, commercial, transactional and security printing are within the scope of this study. Commercial printing has been popular since the invention of the printing press. The proliferation of technology, along with the increase in applications, is expected to increase demand globally.
- One of the driving forces of the commercial printing industry is the inclusion of personalized marketing messages in promotion and marketing strategies. This creates a significant demand for personalized print content, which is supported by commercial printing companies that use digital printing technologies.
- These technologies include variable data printing (VDP) which allows the customization of images, text and graphics on each printed item of their content. The continued importance of the short-term self-publishing industry is driving a high demand for digital printing due to its beneficial aspects such as flexible ordering, optimized inventory management and minimized time-to-market. print content market. This would also contribute to the growth in spending in the commercial printing industry.
- The growing advertising needs of companies around the world, along with the widespread technological proliferation, are currently the key factors driving the market growth. More and more businesses are adopting digital printers because they are more cost effective and efficient for mass printing.
APAC shows the qualities of being the fastest growing market
- The Chinese printing industry shows a high level of enthusiasm and interest in new data-driven business models, digital platform solutions and end-to-end digitized value chains. The penetration of digital printing has given local designers online access to more than 12,000 folding box designs, making packaging design a leading step towards adoption.
- Current trends and demand for digital printing in China have been fueled by the government’s 2016 publication of the “Network Security Law of the People’s Republic of China”. The same demanded that by 2020 large companies use 80% of domestically produced products. Therefore, due to the need for digital information and a security strategy, most Chinese companies and institutions have started to replace their traditional equipment with local products instead of global brands. It has also affected a large part of the printing service providers who have emerged facilitating vision.
- Amid such fierce competition, players operating in the digital printing industry are involved in enhancing their competitiveness through various efforts such as investments in new production facilities, product innovation, increasing R&D, as well as exploring foreign markets.
- As of September 2020, Arrow Digital Pvt Ltd, a company involved in the distribution of a wide range of materials and equipment for digital printing, had installed the EFI Pro 32r + at VGA Digital Printers in Pune (India). The company believes that the new facility will bolster its current production capacity with higher speed and lower printing cost per square foot. In addition, the ability to print on various substrates and ink is cost effective to the business.
- The Japanese digital printing market is driven by various factors, such as the growing adoption of e-commerce, consumer electronics, and packaged and processed foods. Further, factors such as increasing demand for various application fields have driven the market growth in the country.
- For example, in the book printing industry, the new publications are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period. For example, Taschen’s Japanese Woodblock Print is a massive 600-page new book that was released in December 2019. The book has attracted increasing interest as the book is said to trace the exquisite history of Japanese woodblock print. .
The digital printing market is moderately competitive and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, some of the major players are currently dominating the market. Companies in the market rely on strategic collaborative initiatives to offer specialized products, increase their market share and increase their profitability. Companies operating in the market are also engaged in mergers and acquisitions of start-ups that help improve the portfolio of the market served on digital printing devices in order to strengthen the capabilities of their products.
- September 2019 – Southland Printing Company Inc. acquired the business assets of Digital Printing Systems Inc., a supplier of printed parking and transit products. This suggests that market players are trying to increase their expertise in digital printing through expanded product offerings.
- May 2019 – Westrock Company expanded its capabilities to support the personal care and beauty and nutraceutical industries with the acquisition of UBS Printing Group. This acquisition has the potential to expand the company’s presence on the West Coast of the United States and is expected to form part of WestRock’s Multi Packaging Solutions business.
Main topics covered:
1.1 Hypotheses of the study and market definition
1.2 Scope of the study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market overview
4.2 Market drivers
4.2.1 Growth of packaging and textile industries and increasing demand for digital advertising
4.2.2 Reducing the unit cost of printing with digital printers
4.3 Market restrictions
4.3.1 Investment in R&D activities and additional capital expenditure
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porters Five Strengths Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining power of buyers / consumers
4.5.3 Threat of new entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Technology overview
4.7 Impact of Covid-19 on the market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Printing process
5.2.2 Commercial printing
5.3.2 Corrugated cardboard packaging
5.3.4 Flexible packaging
5.3.5 Rigid plastic packaging
5.3.6 Metal packaging
5.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company profiles
6.1.1 Smurfit Kappa
6.1.2 Westrock Company
6.1.3 Southland Printing Company Inc.
6.1.4 IronMark Inc.
6.1.5 Xeikon SA
6.1.6 ARC Document Solutions LLC
6.1.7 Avery Dennison Company
6.1.8 Multicolor Company
6.1.9 Amcor PLC
6.1.10 Sato America
6.1.11 API DS Smith
6.1.12 Mondi SA
6.1.13 Corporate IPC
6.1.14 Core Publishing Solutions
6.1.15 The command group (command companies)
6.1.16 Quad / Graphics
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qdtsff
Research and Markets also offers Custom search services providing targeted, comprehensive and appropriate research.